(Spiritual Common Sense)
We know the role of God’s watchmen is to sound the alarm, to fight the good fight of faith, in behalf of God’s people, and of course, for ourselves. We know our God anoints us to expose and destroy the works and plans of the enemy of His Kingdom, and that by the power and authority of His Word and Holy Spirit. Our God has a way of stripping off the glam and glitter and getting to the root of the problem. He wants to expose another subtle working of satan:
One day, as I washed my dinner dishes, the Holy Spirit took my mind back to earlier experiences in church, as His presence was made known. I remember the times when His presence (the Morally Excellent Spirit of Love and Conviction) was so strong that men, women, boys, and girls wept shamelessly in His presence. I remember I once melted from my seat and crawled to the altar of His Love, knowing He was gracious and merciful, that He was more than willing to help me be the person He designed me to be.
I heard my spirit man ask our God why the Body of Christ (as a whole) is not experiencing this measure of anointing today. I heard Him say, “I have not changed.” I realized “we” have. I prayed and released my cares to our God regarding the matter and went to bed, knowing He would further enlighten me.
The next morning, after my personal quiet time and Forerunner prayer with our Lord, I sensed a heaviness in my heart. Examining my thoughts, concerns, situations, and surroundings I realized this heaviness had a particular purpose. I turned to watch a broadcast of a fellow minister of the Gospel and found myself even more grieved than before. I asked the Lord what was going on in my spirit man; He reminded me of my experience the night before. Then I heard His Word from the Apostle Paul:
Brethren, when I came to you, I came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. My speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God (1 Corinthians 2:1‐5) .
I was floored when our God revealed why my soul was disturbed. Truth is, I have grown weary of good preaching and teaching alone; where are the works of God that confirm our faith? Our God has not changed, and He is not a respecter of persons. What He did for Jesus, the Apostle Paul and others, He is more than willing to do for us.
Then I heard our Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ:
Mark 7:9; 13 (KJV) 7 He said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
The truth is, to a great measure today’s church has made good preaching and teaching, the end all of its “services”. As a result, God’s people’s faith lies more in the oratorical skills of the speaker, to include their physical appearance, familial and educational background, socio‐economic status, their ability to enunciate, exegeses, prophesy, and dramatize the Scripture. Humans confirming the validity of the minister by these statuses and capabilities; HOW CONTRARY THIS FOOLISHNESS IS TO THE MIND OF OUR GOD!
Our God Alone Validates
Our God validates and backs His Word and delegated authorities with HIS AUTHORITY AND POWER. WE MINISTER BY THE GRACE OF OUR GOD, ACCORDING TO OUR FAITH IN HIM and He responds with power and demonstration of His Holy Spirit, confirming what was spoken!
What is at the Root of all this?
Why are we not seeing our God back His Word and ministers? The Scripture tells us it is because of the LACK OF FAITH!
What causes us to have a lack of faith?
• The failure of Christian leaders to teach the True Gospel of Jesus The Christ, in all its Truth, love, suffering, authority, power, and complete victory.
• Our lack of study and application of God’s Word. Our failure to accept our Heavenly Father God for who He says He is, according to the witness of His Word (Jesus/Scripture) and His Holy Spirit.
• Our self‐reliance, independence and self‐trust
• Our lack of sincere surrender or submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and our God’s Word as the Sovereign Truth
• Our failure to renounce sin (call sin, sin; repent; ask for God’s help to overcome the sin nature that wars against our born again spirit)
• Our practiced disobedience (the backslidden make excuses for sin; captured believers weep and seek deliverance from sin)
• Our prayerlessness (genuinely spending time in our God’s presence strengthens our faith and convicts us of all contrariness in our lives)
• Our failure to resist fear, doubt, pride, selfish, envy, hatred and every other negative, sin conceived emotion
• Our having mental condescension to the Word of God, without genuinely choosing to believe
• Our lack of genuine gratitude for all our God has done (evidence that we have walked away from, or never knew our God)
• Our dishonor of God by disobedience to His known will (our God does not make clones; we must know Him for ourselves)
• Our failure to receive conviction and correction
• Our failure to repent
• Our believing and magnifying problems and satan above the Truth, Love, power, and authority of our God
• Our loving the world, resulting in our thinking, speaking, and behaving like the world
• Our belief of erroneous doctrine (teaching and beliefs), because of our failure to judge all things by the Word, character, Person, and Spirit of our God.
(Note: This list is not all inclusive, and I have been guilty of them all. Thank our God for repentance and His faithfulness!)
NOW is the time for God’s ministers (all over the world) to take responsibility for our foolishness and open our hearts before our God. We must ask Him to show us all that is in us, that keeps us from walking in HIS confirming power and authority. NOW is the time to align our HEARTS AND MINDS with the HEART AND MIND OF OUR GOD, so that HIS CONFIRMATION (miracles, signs, and wonders of mass salvation, conversion, restoration, healing, deliverance, provision, and every other good thing that is part of the believer’s inheritance) can manifest in our ministries and in the lives of those we SERVE.
Pray Watchmen Pray
Watchmen, let us pray that the Holy Spirit of conviction fill the hearts of our God’s servants all over the world, that we cast our crowns at the feet of our Savior and weep, if not for ourselves for our brothers and sisters, and the unsaved who have been robbed by the slight of humanity and the cunning of satan. May our God forgive us for being satisfied with so little. May the kingdom of darkness woefully rue the day they planted this seed of iniquity among our God’s people.
Our hearts cry out to You; MAKE US REAL! We free Your hand. Do all that is in Your heart. Just as You declared so long ago, judgment must begin at the household of faith. Correct us quickly Father. Thank You for second, third, fourth and fifth chances to get it right. Let Your servants know it is never too late to repent and get back in the fight that is already fully won, by Jesus The Christ, our Savior, Lord, King, and Messiah.
You said Your eyes search to and fro, looking for someone to show Yourself strong in behalf of. Father, we are here; we are repentant, and we are calling on Your name. We are saying with our whole hearts, “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, in our lives and in the earth.” Do all that is in Your heart today and every day.
Thank You for Your faithfulness to preparing the Body of Christ for the return of our Savior, Lord, and King, the Messiah Jesus The Christ. Thank You for saving souls and raising up the Remnant, who will once again fully take up Your cause, with the confirmation of Your power and authority. Thank You for raising up men, women, boys, and girls, full of Your faith and Your Holy Spirit, who will do the greater works declared by Jesus Christ, our Lord. Your Word does not return to You void; we are watching and waiting.
We love and appreciate You. Even so, come Lord Jesus! We believe, we receive as we pray, knowing You are faithful to Your Word and to us.
In Jesus name we pray. Amen, amen, and amen.